best (easiest) material for supply pipes?

Old 07-09-03, 04:06 PM
Sc0rp10n
Visiting Guest
best (easiest) material for supply pipes?

this is for a small rural cabin. very small. very rural. kind of a build-it-yourself type of deal. anyway, i've really got 2 options and wanted to know the general concensus on the 2 as far as supply pipes go.

i'm gonna have just a few fixtures...2 sinks, 1 toilet, 1 shower. water heater. all pretty much on the same 14' wall. pretty close to each other. anyway, i'm thinking of using either chlorinated PVC (CPVC) for both hot/cold water supply piping. or, there's some other material that a buddy used. not sure what it's called, but it's flexible and he used what seemed to almost be screw on gray connectors. i've seen the connectors at home depot. i know he didn't have to use primer and PVC cement to make the connections.

so, what would you recommend? CPVC or whatever this flexible piping is? i'm sure some of you experts know the name of the piping. this is in the deep south and we get about 1 hard freeze per year. i'm going to be doing the piping such that i can drain everything when i want to though, so freezing shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-03, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Use cpvc. and don't use that other type you talk about.

Old 07-09-03, 04:21 PM
Sc0rp10n
Visiting Guest
does home depot typically carry cpvc and all the fittings/solvents i would need to complete my plumbing project?

Old 07-09-03, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yep they sure do