sta-rite pressure tank leaking

Old 07-11-03, 09:33 PM
ryan73
Visiting Guest

I have a sta-rite con-aire ca 220e pressure tank that started leaking today through little holes that apparently rusted. I assume I can't repair the leak, so where should I purchase a tank? Lowe's, home depot, or order online? I also need to know how many gallons are needed, as there are no specs concerning this on the tank. I checked the sta-rite website, but they don't have manuals or specs for this model...not sure how old it is. Any info would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-03, 11:32 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

You are correct. The tank cannot be repaired.
The CA220 is an 85 gallon tank.
Ordering a tank of this size online will be expensive, as the shipping weight is approx. 140 lbs.
Look in the yellow pages for water pump dealers in your area. They should carry pressure tanks.
When you install it, be sure to set the precharge at 2 psi less than pump cutin pressure. In other words, if the pump starts at 30 psi, the tank should have 28 pounds of air in it.
I would urge you to purchase a quality tank. It will be worth it in the long run.
Best regards,
Ron Peeks
R.L. Peeks Pump Sales
www.peekspump.com

Old 07-12-03, 10:10 AM
ryan73
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the advice. I live out in the sticks and the closest pump dealer is over an hour away and closed on Saturday, although Lowes, Home Depot, etc. are open. They have 85gal tanks ranging from @$175-350. I guess there's a significant difference in quality between lowest and highest priced tanks. Again, thanks for the quick reply