Washing Machine Standpipe in Basement

Old 07-12-03, 10:01 PM
dachrist
Visiting Guest
Washing Machine Standpipe in Basement

I am in the process of designing a bathroom and laundry in my basement where I will be using a sewage ejector pump. I have to break into the concrete for the ejector pump and all of the DWV piping. My question is, when I install the standpipe for the washing machine, can the trap be above the existing floor, and can I run the line after the trap into the top of the 3" intake to the sewage ejector using a 3x3x2 "T"? Or do I have to sink the trap under the slab similar to the shower pan?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-03, 01:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Check all of your plans with your Building Inspection Department. You need permit, inspections, etc. anyway.
I'm not a pro plumber, but I think that you can do that.
Good Luck!

Old 07-13-03, 01:52 AM
W
according to the UPC the trap for the standpipe must be between 6-18 inches above the floor, it cannot be underground. Check your local code.

Old 07-14-03, 10:23 AM
A
Re: Washing Machine Standpipe in Basement

I wonder why you need washing machine to discharge into sewage ejector? Why can't it discharge directly to sewer? Why can't you place stand pipe above sewer level and connect washing machine flexible hose to the standpipe. Washing machine then will discharge to the standpipe and then waste will go directly to sewer by gravity.

Old 07-15-03, 06:48 PM
dachrist
Visiting Guest
Re: Re: Washing Machine Standpipe in Basement

Originally posted by agalkin
I wonder why you need washing machine to discharge into sewage ejector? Why can't it discharge directly to sewer? Why can't you place stand pipe above sewer level and connect washing machine flexible hose to the standpipe. Washing machine then will discharge to the standpipe and then waste will go directly to sewer by gravity.
I wish I could...but the main sewer runs out the of the basement at about 6' high...I don't have enough room to put a standpipe above that because I only have 7' clearance in the basement.