No Hot Water In Shower

Old 07-13-03, 08:04 AM
OMalley
Visiting Guest
Unhappy No Hot Water In Shower

Just purchased a home built in 1993. Shower has a Moen fawcet; the kind that you pull out to start the shower and twist for Hot and Cold.

It was a tub that we had converted over to a full shower stall this week w/new tile and galss enclosure. We waited a couple of days before we used it to let the grout set up nice. After letting it run a good 5 minutes, we can not get the water hot.

The problem is... we've never used the shower since the home purchase (pool bath on the other side of the house) so I don't know if this was a pre-existing condition or not! Double sink adjacent to toilet generates hot water just fine.

I don't know if this is just a situation where the twist knob needs to be able to rotate more to the left or not. I couldn't figure out how to get the plastic knob off without damage. I guess that'll give you an idea of how plumb-challenged I am.....

Of course, this will all be a call to the plumber who converted the space for me come Monday morning, but I thought if it was an easy fix I could address it here today.

Thanks in advance for all your help -

O'Malley

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-03, 09:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Find your faucet at this site, and see if you can see how it functions:
http://www.moen.com/cgi-bin/texis.ex...hower%20Faucet
Good Luck!
Mike