Kitchen faucet


Old 07-13-03, 09:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Kitchen faucet

The pipe underneath my kitchen sink has come away from the drain pipe, the pipe fitting is shaped like a U. When I drain my sink the water goes out from the top of the fitting where the clamp is. How do I go about fixing this problem. I am a woman in distress. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-03, 09:46 AM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,952
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Charlotte, calm down. (O.K., so I know it's terrible, but I couldn't resist. LOL)
What you probably have is a typical kitchen sink drain set-up with slip-nuts and washers to seal around the drain pipes.
Apparently the trap has slipped out of the drain adapter.
Is there a straight piece of pipe coming out of the trap (the "u")?
If there is, loosen the slip-nut counter-clockwise on the adapter from the wall drain pipe, slide the pipe from the trap into it, and re-tighten it.
If it's white plastic PVC, you should be able to do it by hand. If it is chromed brass drain pipe, you will need a pair of channel-lock pliers or a pipe wrench.
If you need more help, please give us more information about what you see, and we'll be glad to help you.
Good Luck!
Old 07-20-03, 07:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I would like to thank Mike for his help. That was the solution to my problem. (Although I ended up going to Home Depot) none the less it worked. Thank you so much. I feel so capable now; until something else goes wrong.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: