house water filters

Old 07-17-03, 10:42 AM
grignon
Visiting Guest
house water filters

My mom's well went through some major rework after last years hard winter. She now has the best pressure/flow she's had in years. However, there are still some aged components down in the well(160'deep)She has lots of rusty sediment at every faucet in the house. The dissolved Fe content is acceptable, it's just the grit that's causing problems.
What size filter (in microns) is used to remove this stuff? What pressure drop can she expect? Can I put 2 in parallel to decrease pressure drop?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-03, 08:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Fiber filters for removing sediment come in a variety of sizes and meshes from fine to coarse, with the lower micron rating being the finer. The finer the filter, the more particles are trapped and the more often the filter must be changed.
I would start with the coarser mesh with a single filter (least pressure drop), and experiment with her particular sediment problem until it is resolved.
Good Luck!

Old 07-19-03, 06:47 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
house water filters

Use of 25 or 50 micron filters cartridges are usually sufficient to remove sand, grit, etc.
I'd start with the 50 micron and see if that does the trick. You might want to consider using a double length filter (20") instead of the regular 10". While the 20" is a little more expensive, you may not need to change cartridges as often.
Ron Peeks
R.L. Peeks Pump Sales
www.peekspump.com