connecting toilet bottom to drain

Old 07-19-03, 11:38 AM
rojans
Visiting Guest
connecting toilet bottom to drain

How do I remove the water from the waste drain pipe..I'm am installing a new toilet. Flange is squared and level. Plumbing layed in my professional plumbers. I hammered out the protective cover for the drain pipe, and its full with water..Is their water pressure in the pipes?? How do I get it cleared(water).

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-03, 01:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

There is no water pressure in a drain pipe, and there should be no water standing in it at all.
Plunge it or run a snake down the toilet bend to see if that will clear it before installing the toilet.
Good Luck!

Old 07-19-03, 03:19 PM
rojans
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the tip..I'll rent a snake at a local store, and unplug the clog or whatever.

Old 07-21-03, 06:58 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If a plumber laid out the pipe, then why are you setting the fixtures... Also, if you knocked out the plug and it is full of water even though nothing has been running in it, then is it possible that the plumber left a test plug in the system at a cleanout to check the system for leaks?... If so, you will need to get rid of it of course, to get the water to flow freely...

Old 07-22-03, 10:30 AM
rojans
Visiting Guest
Smile test plug

Thanks again for the reply...I've got the damn thing fixed...it had a test cap/plug...which, prevented the water from the rain to drain out....dug up the concrete above the yoke..removed the test cap/plug and sealed with a double pipe clamp...siliconed both ends...attached the toilet and tighten it down...squared it and sealed the bottom for leaks...will wait until the silicone hardens/set...fill the toilet bowl with water and flush..and lets hope it doesn't leaked....cover the hole w/cement, set tiles and be the first to legally flush the bowl...Thanks again