Low Water Pressure, Outdoor Spigot

Old 07-23-03, 04:49 AM
knitknee
Visiting Guest
Question Low Water Pressure, Outdoor Spigot

One of my outdoor spigots has low water pressure and I can't figure out why.

But here's the weird part. When I close the indoor shut-off valve with the spigot open, the water continues to flow with the same low pressure as when the shut-off valve is wide open.

My other outdoor spigot has full water pressure. And when I close the indoor shut-off valve for that spigot, the water flow stops as expected.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-03, 05:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Turn the water off, take the indoor shut-off and that problem outdoor spigot apart to check for debris, rubber washer damage, etc.
Good Luck!

Old 07-24-03, 10:11 PM
Ed G
Visiting Guest
It is possible depending on where you live that the spigot/hose bibb could be tied into another source of water, like your irrigation system. If shutting off the main valve does not stoip the water from coming out of the spigot, you need to find the source of the water befor e attempting to disassemble it.

Old 07-25-03, 12:04 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If Ed G is right, you are now dealing with "cross-over". Could be a problem. One bibb fed from 2 sources is not good (nor is it legal!!) Let us know what you find out.

Old 07-25-03, 06:04 PM
Ed G
Visiting Guest
Hey all, just want to clarify what I'm thinking. It may be possible that the valve in the house is after the connection to the hose bibb. The tie in that feeds the bibb may be before the valve. I have seen this a lot where someone ties in the irrigation/sprinklers prior to the house valve.