Pipe holes in floor & ceiling

Old 08-08-03, 07:00 AM
Karen L
Visiting Guest
Pipe holes in floor & ceiling

My problem is how to decoratively mask holes in kitchen floor and several ceilings due to hot water radiator type heating. All I have been able to find so far are chrome finish split or hinged flanges/escutcheons. Does anyone know of anything more decorative that will work and how to find it? I could be satisfied with product I mentioned earlier if I could find it in brass or brass plate, but have had no luck. I will want to paint the chrome flanges if that ends up my only option. I definitely need a hinged product that will accomodate approximately 1" diameter pipe. Thank-you!

Old 08-08-03, 04:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
They make chrome and brass "escutcheons" for 1" pipe... You will find them at a plumbing supply house usually... The brass sometimes have to be ordered where the chrome are VERY common and are sold just about everywhere.... They also make a white version that is made of pvc, and while they are not hinged, they can be sliced through one side and then worked over the pipe... Once they are over it, they can be shaped back correctly and the slice is not very visible...

Last edited by Ragnar; 08-09-03 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-09-03, 04:17 PM
Karen L
Visiting Guest
Thanks! I cannot find other than the chrome though. I have checked at plumbing supply stores on the net and off and they have so far been no help. Our very facilitative local hardware store checked all of their resources for supplies and got no luck with brass. If you really know or have an idea about who to contact specifically for brass hinged escutcheons I would so appreciate it. Thanks, KAREN

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: