Water is dirty

Old 08-20-03, 06:47 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water is dirty

I have just moved into my new house and am experiencing some water problems. Let me explain my situation. I am sharing a well with a house that is a vacation home with very little use. The water is pulled up the hill to my house by a shallow well pump, then goes into a pressure tank. From the pressure tank all water is routed through a whole house water filter, then sent along its way throughout the house. My problem is the water is very dirty. I am changing the filter almost daily, and still experiencing discolored water. There is no bad odor, just a lot of sediment and color. Is there anything I can do? Some have told me it will go away once the well gets some more use on it. Is this true? Any help would be great. Thanks in adance....

AL

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-03, 06:57 PM
How old is well and has there been any ground movements close to well?

Old 08-21-03, 06:30 AM
B
I'm not sure how old the well is, but it has been used very little its entire life. By very little I mean a few days a year. I have been told that is the problem, and it will clear up after a while. There has not been any land movement within a few hundred feet of it, but that was over a year ago.

Old 08-21-03, 05:52 PM
Might be a good idea to have water tested and determine exactly what it is and if it is harmful.

Sounds ridiculous, but the unknown can sometimes surprise you.

I had a uncle that had a well on a gradual uphill from tobacco base.

Water tasted great for years, until one year dead earthworms showed up.

Water was tested and found out that chemicals sprayed on tobacco somehow entered well. Needless to say, all of us who drank from the well were petrified scared that something would happen.

No more good ole days drinking ice cold water out of a ladle no more.

Have it checked to just get a heads up before you go to the next step; it shouldn't cost anything to test it.