toilet water level

Old 09-04-03, 04:51 AM
akinsdra
Visiting Guest
toilet water level

Hello,

I just completed a bathroom flooring project which allowed for installation of a new toilet. I bought a bottom of the line value series. Installation went fine, but I've noticed that the water level in the bowl is extremely low. It barely covers the hole in the bottom of the toilet. Is this normal? I noticed on the box that this model is the water savings type (1.5 gallon I believe).

Is there a setting I can adjust so that more water comes into the bowl? The instructions were no help......

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-03, 05:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

There may be an indented horizontal line inside the toilet tank that indicates the proper water level for the tank.
The tank water inlet valve should be adjusted so that it cuts off when the water reaches that level.
If the inlet valve has a float-cup, pinch the clips on the little rod on the side and slide the adjustment up to raise the water level (or down to lower it).
If it is a float-ball type, bend the arm of the float up to raise the water level.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 09-04-03, 08:15 AM
akinsdra
Visiting Guest
It is strange. The water level inside the tank is perfect. It is the water level inside the actual bowl that looks like it is too low.

It barely covers the hole that the waste goes into. Is this normal for newer models?

Thanks!

Don

Old 09-04-03, 08:55 AM
Check to see if fill valve water line to overflow tube is pinched or not filling overflow.

This tube replenishes water to trap after every flush and aids in the siphon jet process of removing solids from toilet.

What you are describing is common with this issue. Water level should always be one inch below top of overflow tube.

Old 09-04-03, 06:16 PM
akinsdra
Visiting Guest
Sorry for my ignorance, but I can't find a line/tube on the inside of the tank. Am I looking in the right place?

There are two tubes on the inside of the tank. One that the float is connected to and the other where the overflow and water level are indicated.

Is the line you mention one of these?

Thanks!

Don

Old 09-04-03, 07:04 PM
Cool

Yes. Make sure that the one to the overflow isn't twisted or pinched.

Old 09-04-03, 08:02 PM
akinsdra
Visiting Guest
no tubes that I can find. I took a few pics of the inside of the toilet and the water level. Any ideas?

http://members.aol.com/akinsdra/toilet.jpg
http://members.aol.com/akinsdra/toilet1.jpg

I'm stumped at this point........

Old 09-04-03, 08:17 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Hello, The picture shows a stream of water comming out near the top of the valve, that I believe is where the little hose is suppose to connect and the other end goes in the overflow tube. Those type of valves fill the tank at the bottom.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 09-04-03, 08:34 PM
akinsdra
Visiting Guest
A-ha. I am missing that piece. Will look for a replacement part tomorrow.

Thanks so much!!

Old 09-04-03, 10:55 PM
wow...........this forum has a really good feature being able to take pictures of what is being done.

that picture of toilet told the story instantly.......no tube for the overflow to replenish the trap water.

For that model toilet, the tube is usually clear vinyl.

Old 09-04-03, 11:49 PM
Cool

Yep.
The missing tube goes onto where the water is shooting out and plugs into the small round hole on the blue piece at the top of the overflow tube.
Make sure that all of the water is going down into the overflow.
These aren't exactly what you have, but notice that they have a tube from the valve to the overflow:

Wherever you bought yours should give you one free.
Good Luck!
Mike