Very Slow Waterflow - Kitchen Faucet

Old 09-14-03, 09:32 AM
bjboxcars
Visiting Guest
Very Slow Waterflow - Kitchen Faucet

I have a Kohler K6352 Avatar Kitchen Faucet which has gradually lost much of its pressure. I'm assuming this is from either a clogged internal strainer or a blockage somewhere within the unit.

I have found online both (1) the service parts page (showing the breakdown of the internal parts of the unit) and (2) the installation guide.

www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/116644_8.pdf

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal.../1025494_2.pdf

However, in looking at these, I'm still not sure which part would be giving me the restricted water flow I am experiencing.

Also, do I disassemble the handle, the bonnet holding the unit on, or do I have to completely remove the unit from below to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

BJ

Old 09-14-03, 09:39 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
There is two places to check on the spout, check the aerator and also check the screen between the spray head and the hose.

After the remove the spray head, point hose into sink and turn it on, if you have good pressure to the house without the spray head attached then restriction is in the spray head.

If the hose is the same pressure as the spray head when detached, then good chance it will be the in the valve and or at the seats inside the faucet.

You can disassemble all from above.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: