water softeners & sump pumps

Old 09-17-03, 09:19 AM
donna3911
Visiting Guest
water softeners & sump pumps

hi, my 1st time here, sorry if i get a little long...ok, here goes-i just took the water softener hose from the sump pump & put it into the floor drain so that when the softener regenerates it can go down the drain & through the ejector pit & into the septic tank. now i'm getting some water on the ejector plate and around the floor.why? how do i fix??
(the reason i took the hose out of sump pump was that the pipe where the water would come out was shooting next to the a/c outside and the salt started eating the coils on the a/c unit)

are there pros/cons to having the softener go either into the floor drain or the sump pump?? whats the difference?
please don't get too technical-i really have no idea what i'm doing thanks for any info! donna

Old 09-17-03, 02:11 PM
brickeyee
Visiting Guest
The salt is not exactly good for your septic system. It can actually kill the bacteria needed to break down waste. You might try extending the sump pump outlet away from the air conditioner.

Old 09-17-03, 05:12 PM
donna3911
Visiting Guest
but if i extend the pipe then the salt water will kill the grass & make mud puddles, not to mention my dog would probably drink the stuff and that couldn't be good.
but why would i be getting water on the floor on top of the ejector plate when the softener regenerates?

Old 09-17-03, 05:25 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Probably because the hose might be forcing a large amount into drain at one time and causing it to overrun and end up on top of lid.

That was a good guess.......and would also mean that a partial drain clog is possible.

Old 09-18-03, 02:30 PM
donna3911
Visiting Guest
i was told it might also be that the float isn't set right-does that sound probable?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: