Message to OldGuy

Old 09-24-03, 02:58 PM
Message to OldGuy

Hi Mike,

If and when you do get this message, want to welcome you back on-line, hope the hurricane storm did not do to much damage on you, I have missed seeing your post.

Let us know whats going on when you return.

Your Friend
Ron

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-03, 07:49 PM
Cool

I would like to thank Ron Warren (Plumber 2000) for calling NC long distance from Oregon today just to check on me.
Isabel's eye went right over where I live on 9/18 and knocked out our power for 10 days and our high speed Internet service until today (10/2). It had just come back on when Ron called.
Locals (even older than I am..lol) say that this is the worst storm that has made a direct hit here in living memory, including the two big hurricanes of the 1950's that hit here (Donna and Hazel).
We had a mandatory evacuation order, so we left, although we usually stay. We're glad that we did, but we came back the next day to a major mess that I'm still dealing with.
Could have been worse. Some lost all.
I'll be getting back into DIY.com as I have time. Thanks.
Mike

Old 10-02-03, 10:10 PM
Mike,

I could only follow Isabel on the local news (and here (CA), a hurricanne on the east coast makes the headlines like a CA earthquake does on the where you're at!)

You're OK. THAT was important.

How did the house (specifically the WINDOWS!!) come through it?? :-)) (I just HAD to ask!!)

We're waiting for #10K127.

Just glad to hear that you are well, my friend!

Old 10-02-03, 10:44 PM
Cool

lefty,
Somehow I knew that you'd ask about my windows. LOL
We have all 1998 Andersen casement windows on our 32'-high A-frame and two sets of triple full-pane Andersen French doors (facing the Albemarle Sound), with the doors in the middle of two fixed panes each.
We board up the glass doors with six sheets of overlapping plywood.
The windows weren't boarded up at all and did not leak a drop!
One on the second story got popped on the bottom of the frame by a limb from a tree that hit the house, but it only cracked the outer glass and busted the crankhandle somehow from the outside, and even IT didn't leak.
100+ mph sustained winds, the eye from all directions, etc. and the Andersens proved once again that they're among the best.
Mike

Old 10-02-03, 11:05 PM
I DESERVED THAT ONE!!!

You're OK -- THAT'S IMPORTANT!

The house survived better than some that I saw pictures of. Whatever might have broke on the house, it's fixable. (At least you know WHERE to turn to figure out just how.

Since Ron didn't mention it, I will. How about all of those silicon patches in the plumbing?? Did they do OK too?? (Now I'm REALLY ROTF,LMAO!!!)

OOPPSS!! There I go again, forgetting about the policy that forbids humor. Twice (or more) in the same night. Shame on me!!

Old 10-03-03, 05:00 PM
It real nice to have you back on line Mike I just had to call you to see that you made it though the storm.

Old 10-03-03, 05:11 PM
It's been a while since you posted anything. I figured the storm probably knocked all utilities out, and depending on what's wrong, you may be a lucky one to have power back on this fast, let alone an internet connection.

It's great you and your family are okay, material things can be replaced, people can't.

You should take some pics of your windows and offer to do a spot for Anderson....

Old 10-03-03, 07:21 PM
Mike,

What notuboo said, and what P2K said, too.

As long as you and the family are alright, we'll give some time to get back in here (You've got until midnite Monday, after the ball game!!)

Damn it -- there goes that humor thing again!! Guess there is either going to be a sale, or an EXECUTION (slaves can't be fired!!)

We know that you are OK -- we are relieved. Also know that your getting back on-line is pretty much out of your control. Gotta have power, and you've gotta have the internet connection.

Take care of the family, take care of the business, take care of the house, take care of ... and, pretty soon you'll get back in here.

SEE YA TUESDAY!!

Old 10-04-03, 05:19 AM
Mike,

Was very pleased to hear you 'faired well' through Izzy.

It seems all the news crews were there for the wind, water, and rain - then they all sorta disappeared after the hurricane passed. I'm supposed to be going on a surf fish trip to Hatteras(Frisco) in a month. That's if the dune and road are replaced/repaired by then!!! I heard one realty co. down Hatteras way lost nearly 30 percent of their rental property (either gone or severely damaged).

Glad you're safe and back,
fred