Low pressure

Old 10-01-03, 10:26 AM
robrpb
Visiting Guest
Low pressure

Hi,

I am experiencing low pressure from my shower head. I have a walk-in shower with a Moen valve. The house is about 17 years old. I have replaced the cartridge (I replaced it with a Moen cartridge) along with a trim kit also replacing the shower head. After replacing the cartridge I turned on the water before attaching the shower head. Then I attached the shower head. The shower head states it is a 2 1/2 gpm. The previous head was a Teledyne Water Pik Super Saver. The house has gray polybutylene pipe in it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-03, 11:16 AM
Toast
Visiting Guest
The Waterpik has a small plastic piece you can remove to increase water pressure via increasing gpm...Perhaps that's why it seemed to have more pressure???

Have you tried using the old Waterpik yet? Did you experience a drop in pressure only after replacing it with a Moen?

Have you isolated the problem to either hot or cold low water pressure? OR do both have the same problem?

Or maybe you just live in a municipality which has low water pressure (check pressure at the street or wherever your water meter is)?

Inspecting the water heater might be a good idea. Old galvenized nipples may need to be replaced. Maybe the line from the street to the house also needs to be inspected, as well as any shut off valves where the water enters the house and at the hot water heater.