garbage disposal and dishwasher drain/vents

Old 10-26-03, 11:46 AM
Allan1955
Visiting Guest
garbage disposal and dishwasher drain/vents

I have a dishwasher and a garbage disposal. Dishwasher drain line to a "y" and the disposal to the "y" then up to the vent at the top of the sink. Water leaks from hose. I have insured no blockage in the lines, vent clear, tried new hoses and clamps. Yet the line still leaks.( drips at about pint a day) Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Old 10-26-03, 11:54 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Have you removed the hose that comes from the bottom of the wye going to the disposal and flushed and cleaned out this hose, did you clean out the inlet side of the disposal where this hose connects to it, this is where gunk builds up, if there any type of restriction in the drain hose, it will spit water out the airgap that sits on top of your sink.

Old 10-27-03, 07:25 AM
Allan1955
Visiting Guest
I have checked for blockages at the disposal, the "y" and the washer, even replaced hoses and "y". The vent does not spit out water. The drip come directly through the hose, old and new.

Old 10-27-03, 07:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
One thing you can go is eliminate this wye, tie the dishwasher directly to the disposal, and just hang the dishwasher drain hose higher then the bottom of the sink, up under the sink cabinet, then just put in a sink hole plug after you remove this wye.

Old 10-27-03, 07:54 AM
Allan1955
Visiting Guest
That's what I'll do. Appreciate the advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: