Removing the Retaining Screw - American Standard Single handle


Old 11-02-03, 06:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Removing the Retaining Screw - American Standard Single handle

I have a 30 year old American Standard, Single handle (Push/Pull type) Shower faucet that finally gave in. I am trying to replace this and have no idea how to remove the retaining screw ( This looks like a tiny sawed off screw with a round hole). Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-03, 08:10 AM
Lew Falconer
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Good morning. It sounds to me like you are describing an Allen screw. If you don't have a set of Allen keys you can purchase them at any place that sells tools. They are just octagonal rods usually bent into an L shape so you can use either end of the key to access the screw.
Just pick the key that fits the hole and unscrew the holding screw in the handle.
Have a good day and let us know how you make out with the project

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: