Fill Valve Repair ?


Old 11-26-03, 10:06 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 54
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fill Valve Repair ?

we have a newer American Std toilet (a little over a year old) and the fill valve doesn't completely shut off once the tank is full. Instead of the old ball float and fill valve, it has one of these new self-contained yellow boxes that does the job. Are there any serviceable parts inside that thing, and if so, how would I go about opening it?

many thanks
Old 11-26-03, 10:43 AM
Plumber2000's Avatar
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 5,838
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replace it with a fliudmaster 400A, problem solved.
Old 11-27-03, 11:54 PM
Ragnar's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,349
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
For future reference... The yellow fill valve you describe is the worst valve in the history of the modern world as far as I am concerned, and it should be replaced even if it is working... Go with the Fluidmaster 400A as P2K suggests... American Standard started putting the Fluidmaster in it new toilets after a very short stint with the "Smart Valve" (yellow one) that you describe and my guess is that they switch because of the steady stream of complaints that it caused...

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: