plumbing

Old 01-12-04, 03:25 PM
dennist 1
Visiting Guest
plumbing

Hey guys I also got a plumbing question Im sure you can answer. I have a floor trap right next to the can in the bathroom . The sink drain runs into it and so does the tub well in the past we have had problems with that leaking and it has ruined the kitchen ceiling we plan on redoing all the drain lines in the bathroom once we tear apart the kitchen. Because we have had alot of problems with the line that drains the sink, Lots of clogs. And its that trap where the clogs originate from causing it to leak. So when I run the new plumbing I dont need that trap ?? Thanks

Old 01-12-04, 04:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Definitely not.
Re-plumb your bathroom to code.
Good luck!

Old 01-12-04, 04:50 PM
dennist 1
Visiting Guest
When I was building I always watched the plumbers in action and I saw that they just ran a trap for the tub and the trap for the sink is under it so I knew the trap next to the can could go .. Thank you vey much

Old 01-12-04, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What trap are you trying to eliminate? I don't quite follow what you are trying to remove when you remodel.

Old 01-12-04, 09:51 PM
dennist 1
Visiting Guest
its an old floor trap that sits next to the toilet its got like a 6 inch cover on it,its flush to the floor . the tub and the sink drain into it. its great to rod out those lines at that location but majority of the clogs happen there.

Old 01-12-04, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ahhhhh,,,,I see. Kind of like a indirect waste eh?

Well, it would be a good idea to eliminate since it is not considered a normal setup. Post back with questions when you reach that point.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: