Venting Question

Old 02-16-04, 11:29 AM
CutterElk
Visiting Guest
Smile Help, May Have Big Issue!!

I could not find the plubming section. I will start here. We are remodling our house. Currently the Washer is upstairs. We would like to move this downstairs into the new laundry room. Here is the question. How many fixtures can be on a vent? Does the Washing machine have to be on it's own VENT?? If not, I can only have 4 units on one vent correct. Currently the downstairs bathroom has a shower, sink and toliet on it's own vent. The Upstairs bathroom has own went with Tub, Sink & Toliet. The kitchen sink has it's own vent, this is what the washing machine is on now So we have a kicthen sink and washer on the same went. Now remember, The new laundry room and old place of where the washer is, they are on opposite sides of the house. So basically, right now I am within code. If I connect the new washer to the current downstairs vent, is that too many fixtures on one vent, I was just thinking of taping into the vent. I will be able to make the pitch?? I am thinking not, I will have to make a new vent?? Help would be great

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-04, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What size is the vent you want to tie to?

My book tells me you can have up to 8 fixtures units on a 1-1/2" and 24 fixture units on a 2"

Last edited by Plumber2000; 02-16-04 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-17-04, 05:20 AM
CutterElk
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up re:

My vent is 1 1/2. I figure three or four things on one vent was safe. That is the same thing I found in my code book as well. I just wanted to double check and make sure. I am just going to tape into the existing vent that has the downstairs bath with just the Shower, Toliet and Sink on it. I will be save with that.

Thanks for the assitance. :-)

Andy

Old 02-18-04, 06:48 AM
CutterElk
Visiting Guest
Smile re:

I have tapped into the downstairs vent, did it last night. Works great. Drains perfect. NO LEAKS!!! Just the right pitch. hehehe

Thanks again for your help!!

Andy