Injector Pump/Bathroom drains

Old 02-28-04, 12:52 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
Injector Pump/Bathroom drains

I have atttached a photo of my idea of a drain system for a basement bath. In the photo I have placed fittings that represent the approx. locations of fixtures Shower/tub, toilet, and sink. On the other side the wall is where a Sewage pump will be located.

The vertical 2" pipe is a vent that will run across and tie in to sink vent, then up to attic and tie into the stack.

Question #1: Does the toilet drain have to be vented in to the vent running across the wall from the shower and sink?

Or, because of the short run to the Sewage basin, it would not be necessary?

thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-04, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Go to www.photobucket.com and load the image there.......then provide a link so that we can view it.

No image is showing.

Old 02-28-04, 03:23 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
ok thanks,

I've added a second photo. My question is:

After I have sent the vent to the attic, can I hook into the vent running up the middle of the photo to the stack, or directly to the stack?

http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/...eblocker1/bath pics/2004_0227_010627AA.jpg

http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/...eblocker1/bath pics/2004_0216_002217AA.jpg

Old 02-28-04, 03:51 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
Old 02-28-04, 04:12 PM
In your situation, I looked at the last 2 pictures you posted. The other 2 didn't come through.

That vent through the roof is not code, it should of been increased to 3" before it passed through the roof at least 18" before the rafters. But that isn't as important as the way you have the pipe fittings laid out.

No tees can be laid on thier backs underground. That tee for behind the toilet has to be turned up in the center of the studded wall behind it. This will serve as the vent for toilet, and only then can you add a WYE directly behind the tee that serves as the vent for toilet.

From there on, use only wye's underground to make connections into the main trunk line to sewage ejector.

If you follow the way you have the fittings, the toilet will suck the water out of the traps instantly.

That and those tee's laid on thier backs will clog over time.

I know KY codes very well, I am 100 miles from your location.

You are off to a good start, that tee for vent for shower can be laid at a 45 degree angle and straightened out by rolling a street or regular 45 in the wall. Still, it looks like alot of digging and breaking through the concrete, and the plumbing wall is 2 X 4, which you will need to add on to that with furring strips in order to get water lines chased around drain lines.

What is on the other side of that wall?

Old 02-28-04, 04:54 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
Ok, so from the toilet bend I need the vent then, add a wye...Do they make a Wye (1pc) that will take both shower and sink 2" with a 3" flow though for the toilet?

And the vertical vents(tub,toilet,sink) are tied together in the wall with 2" is ok?

That wall was bulit for a storage room. I planned to place the injector pump/basin on the other side. In addition, reading the posts, I will vent this unit alone though the roof.

I can increase the 2x4 to 6's no problem if needed.

The stack going through the roof is 3" through roof. Should I cut a fitting here for my 2" vents?

Old 02-28-04, 07:33 PM
http://doityourself.com/store/6162440.htm

Use 3" X 2" bushings to reduce to 2".

2" is okay for the 3 fixtures; you can tie all of them at 42" and use a 2" cross upside down and go up with 1 2" pipe.

If that 2" increases to 3" from the picture you posted, Yes, tie into the vent with a 3" X 2" tee turned upside down.

Old 02-28-04, 09:32 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
Great, Thanks! Now that I have a direction to follow, the rest is easy.....

Thank you again.

Old 04-19-04, 06:51 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
Injector Pump Update..

Ok, It's been awhile since my last update. I've attached photo's of the progress. As with this entire project, wife has made some changes. As you can see it's all laid in except for the 2" run to the "new" shower location. I had planned for a bath, now she wants a shower. As you can see I need a few more inches to reach the location for the shower drain

Question:.

Is my current location for the shower vent too far?? It is approx. 4 feet to the elbow that leads to the vent.

thank you[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-19-04, 06:54 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
Old 04-19-04, 07:46 PM
Be proud of that work, that took a great deal of labor to get your system to that point.

Everything looks good. Backfill with sand or pea gravel, test for no leaks, and you should be ready for the running.

GOOD JOB!

Old 04-19-04, 07:54 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
Thanks! I needed that.

I'm shooting for Inspection next week. About the shower trap/vent.

1 1/2 or 2" trap?? and the vent is ok right?

Thanks for the support.

Old 04-19-04, 08:19 PM
If it is picture 78, and the pipe turned up is closest to the camera, turn up a tee where the partitioned wall is for the side of shower unit. Cut that pipe off that is turned up, this should only be a pipe capped off in the ground with a box out for the movement of shower trap, which should be 2".

The vent for the shower can be 1.5".

Old 04-20-04, 03:07 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
Sorry for the confusion. Using photo #53, the vent for the shower is to the right. Shower drain is 2" and will 90 off the vent tee shown running up the trench to the drawn circle. The distance is 4' .

Thanks

Old 04-24-04, 03:49 PM
plateblocker1
Visiting Guest
Another question... In the venting of this bathroom in the basement, I'm ready to run the 1 1/2 vent for these three fixtures up through the main floor and through the wall in the wash room. I cut away the drywall and found that (rough in) my bar sink vent and drain (right side) are here. The bar sink will not be used, so I going to cut the pipes out. The left side 1 1/2 pipe is the vent drain for the wasing machine. This runs alone to the 3" main stack

The proposal: Can I attach my basement vents to this exsiting stack? Or, run an individual run to the stack?

Note: I also am going to run the 2" injector vent up through this wall to the roof.

Thanks again
http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/...4_184414AA.jpg

Old 04-25-04, 05:54 PM
Depending on your local plumbing codes, probably tieing into that existing will exceed the allowable DFU's for 1.5" piping.

Your sewage ejector vent must be separate without connecting into the existing vents in your home.

I would run the vent for that basement bath individual along side next to the vent for your sewage ejector.