Kitchen sink doesn't have a handle

Old 03-22-04, 05:34 PM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kitchen sink doesn't have a handle

The house my college son rents doesn't have a kitchen sink handle. THey have to lift up the round thing on the base to get the water on.

I don't know how a handle was attached.

Is it going to be hard to replace the faucet with a real handle? SHould we just buy a whole new faucet instead of trying to find a handle?

How much do they cost?

Old 03-22-04, 06:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Do cats have handles?

Foreverkeeps, kitchen sinks donít have handles! LOL. From your description it sounds like a single lever faucet. Several brands available so you would need to find out what it is. Any plumbing supply house will carry the handle you will be needing. As far as the cost, well, single lever faucets are in the mid to upper price range to start, so if you could identify and locate a replacement handle you will be way ahead in the long run, versus the cost of a new faucet and time and labor to install it. If you can not locate a brand name and have a way to post a picture, Iím sure it would be identified for you very promptly. Good Luck

Old 03-22-04, 06:45 PM
F
I can't HANDLE this!

I found some 'levers' online at Lowes. Seem to work with Peerless or Delta faucets, bout $12 each and less.

Maybe one will work. Where might the name of the faucet be and will 4 college students be able to find it? Like I said, righ now there is just a small circle thingy that they grab and pull up to turn on the water.

Old 03-22-04, 07:10 PM
Upvotes: 0
Just call Delta, they will send you one at no cost. You have to figure something went wrong for the handle to just disappear. It must of worn out where the set screw was holding to the faucet.

I referred someone in this way, and they had the whole assembly within 3 days.

Old 03-22-04, 07:18 PM
F
Being a college rental for years, I figure it was loose and no one knew how to tighten the set screw, so it fell off and was discarded.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: