HELP.... I think I have a leak!

Old 04-10-00, 01:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

Hi Experts!

Hope you can help. We had a few bitterly cold days up here in Toronto and on both days my supply line to my 2nd floor toilet froze. I have lived here 12 years and it has never happened before. At any rate I put a heater in the washroom, cranked it up and shut the door. After about 8 hours the toilet started to fill again. But I noticed down in the basement (2 floors down) that there was a noticable collection of water. Question: Where did this water come from? Is it possible that the pipe opened slightly allowing small amount of water to escape, freeze and then thaw when I put the heat on? Is it also possible, because I haven't seen the water again, that the piping pretty much sealed itself when it thawed due to expansion/contraction? How could I test if there is a leak... and better still how the heck does someone fix it?

thx in advance... sorry this was so loooong!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-00, 07:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Paul this could just be condensation form the pipe defrosting if the pipe had cracked you would have known cause you would have a very large puddle and it would still be leaking now