fiberglass septic tank

Old 04-11-00, 07:04 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a fairly new fiberglass septic tank and a high water table. After it was installed I started hearing that sometimes this can be a bad combination, i.e., the tanks popping up out of the ground. I did research before having the tank installed, but never heard this complaint, and I am a city girl who recently transplanted to a more rural area so that thought never crossed my mind. At any rate, the tank is in. The installer never stated any potential problems, suggesting, for example that I go with a cement tank, but now I am worried. I figure I will only have the tank pumped in August when the water table is lower, but are there other things I should be thinking about and doing? Should I ensure a certain amount of water is pumped into the tank daily? It processes 500 gpd. Thanks for any input.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-00, 03:41 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Normal water usage of your home should keep your septic tank filled with enough water weight to far more than offset any "popping out of the ground" problem. Don't worry about it, unless you leave the property vacant for very long periods of time.