kitchen sink suddenly stopped working

Old 04-11-00, 07:45 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Last night while washing dishes, the water in the kitchen sink suddenly stopped running altogether. I have a single lever sink with a spray hose attached at the end. The garbage disposal still works as does the dishwasher and the rest of the faucets in the house. How bizarre! Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-00, 07:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

Befor going crazy I would remove the aerator at the end of the spout and see if the water comes on,if so replace the aerator.

------------------
Dave
L.I.Handyman

Old 04-13-00, 10:50 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

quote:
Originally posted by LI handyman:
Befor going crazy I would remove the aerator at the end of the spout and see if the water comes on,if so replace the aerator.

Thanks! I think it was a different issue, though. I spent 5 hours last night and finally figured it out by taking the whole thing apart. There was a floating ball (check valve?) that was lodged in the wrong spot of the tube that mixes the hot and cold water and leads to the spray hose. After fixing that, I was able to get water pressure back. However, in the process one of two little plastic pieces in the main faucet barrel also blew out and was rattling around inside the barrel. With this piece out the hot water worked fine, but the cold water did not adjust pressure when I moved the single lever. Only once I found the little rattling piece and put it back in place (after 6 tries) could the cold water be adjusted with the lever. They sure don't make it easy to get to the inside of that horizontal barrel! Seems to be working fine now.