New Kitchen Sink


Old 04-20-04, 08:29 AM
MKM is offline
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 74
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Kitchen Sink

I'm installing a new kitchen sink. Presently, there are two capped CPVC stubs sticking about 4" out of the wall for hot/cold water supply. I want to install shutoff valves onto the CPVC - one for the cold, and one for the hot (to the sink and dishwasher). Is it better to install CPVC transitions, or solvent weld on males, or females, or what?

What's the best way to do this? Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-04, 03:16 PM
wrmiii's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: West Texas
Posts: 256
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dealers Choice

MKM, my personal preference would be to install solvent weld MIP adapters. This is inexpensive, and with the location under the sink, not likely to be bumped or bruised. Consider a dual angle stop on the hot side for the sink-dishwasher supply. Save’s money and less fittings to concern yourself with.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: