installing waterline to refridgerator

Old 04-21-04, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question installing waterline to refridgerator

I bought a new refridgerator and when the guys came out to install the water line they told me they couldnt do it because they needed a longer drill. they suggested I call a plumber because he would have the tools to locate the water pipes that were previously there. I had new cabinets installed two years ago and they covered the pipes up. The guys that were gonna install it said they wouldnt be able to find the exact location without cutting into my cabinets and they didnt want to do that. I called a plumber and he cut up the back of my cabinets so bad i almost had a heart attack . then the plumber left without completing the job and said his 18 year old son would come back tomorrow to finish the job. $200.00 for less that one hour of butchering my cabinets and mind you he did not cut straight, it looks as if he used an ax. any advice on how to handle this problem.

thanks desperate for advice
kim

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-04, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodness gracious.

When I have to run an icemaker line, if I cannot go through the floor, I usually go through the back corner of cabinet and use a 72" Fluidmaster no-burst icemaker line. It is braided stainless and is flexible.

I usually only drill a hole in cabinet slightly larger than the 1/4" nut at end of line.

I can't understand why a hack job was needed, but then again, I am not there, nor know the circumstances.

Can you post a picture?