rough-in plumbing

Old 04-25-04, 11:36 PM
onedesertdog
Visiting Guest
rough-in plumbing

Hello all,
Like Trinitro, I am building a new home, after ours burned in the Rodeo/Chediski Fire here in Az. in 2002, along with 475 other homes. I have the shell done, and I am starting on the rough plumbing and elect. Alot of the help that you have given Trinitro has also helped me, and like him, I want to do it all myself and expect to make numerous mistakes along the way. That's why I'm here. I know the pipe sizes to use, I know the long sweeps, the venting etc. to use, and everything must be code.
The cabin is built on a crawl space, with the floor approx. 5 ft.above ground. The sewer line enters the house 1 ft. below grd level, approx. 27 ft. away from the back to back toilets. I know the slope measurements required, but how do I get the line from both toilets to drop approx. 6 ft. in 27ft of length? Do I do numerous drops or does the line drop straight down from the toilets 4 ft. or whatever, into a long sweep and then slope down to the septic line inlet? Your help would be very much appreciated, and any other tips that you may have.
Thanks for reading this post.
Buddy

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-04, 05:17 AM
One thing to remember when you look at the codes. It is the minimum required.
Place your drop in a very convient location for placement of a cleanout midway to towards the bottom. Now you have a couple of problems solved.