Corroded Washer Tap

Old 04-24-00, 08:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

My hot water hose on the washing machine broke. I can not get the hose connection off of the faucet because it is fused together with rust. Every time I try to turn the hose connection off the pipe bends. I don't want to snap the pipe is there another way to get it off?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-00, 10:10 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:
Originally posted by Plumbing challenged:
My hot water hose on the washing machine broke. I can not get the hose connection off of the faucet because it is fused together with rust. Every time I try to turn the hose connection off the pipe bends. I don't want to snap the pipe is there another way to get it off?

Hose that sucker down with WD-40 or Parts Break loosening fluid, then tap it a few times, wait a few minutes, hose it down with WD-40 again, tap it a few more times and try to turn it again. It sometimes helps to tighten a 1/4 turn then start loosening the piece. Hope that helps :-)

------------------
All DIY projects should come with a bottle of Advil ;-)

Old 04-24-00, 10:13 PM
Visiting Guest
If the hose connection is so old that it has rusted or corroded to the bibb, call a plumber. The pipes leading to the bibb can't be in much better shape, and you will break them if you try to unthread them.