a question about my urinal flusher

Old 04-26-04, 02:50 PM
wel
Visiting Guest
a question about my urinal flusher

i plan to upgrade a urinal flusher in my company to an automatic one by myself. but i am not clear about the size of the supply water pipe i should choose. as i know, there are only two size 3/4" and 1-1/4" for a urinal supply. is there any other pipe size? how can i measure it without taking it down?
thanks a lot for your response.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-04, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You just buy the head that interchanges with what you have now.
The stop will be the same, it's just a matter of cost for you.
Sloan has several to choose from. Other brands are available.

Talk to a plumbing supply house, not Homey Depot or Lowe's, but an actual plumbing supply house. Ask to speak to someone about flushometers and you'll be on track.

Good luck, more questions, problems ask and someone will answer you.

Old 04-26-04, 05:43 PM
No less than 3/4" for Sloan Urinal Flushometers.

Use a bell reducer in the wall for anything larger, not unless you have a row of urinals, or a battery of fixtures, then proceed with the larger diameter supply for the demand of fixture when others are in use.

Old 04-27-04, 10:39 AM
wel
Visiting Guest
thank you,notuboo and dunbar,

thank you,notuboo and dunbar,
and what do you mean, notuboo,"You just buy the head that interchanges with what you have now". what is "the head" you mentioned? do you mean that i can use an adaptor to fit any pipe size?
in fact, i already got an used automatic flusher online. the stop valve size is 3/4". i just worry that if my pipe size is not that size3/4" but 1-1/4".
what is the head called in a plmbling shop?
and i know the water pipe is made of copper, if i use an cast iron connector ,any electric-chemical problem with that? i mean if it is easy to get rusted?
thanks again

Old 04-27-04, 10:57 AM
There is nothing code approved about cast-iron in potable water systems.

You buy the electronic flushometer that matches your line size, 3/4" or 1 1/4". If you do not know your line size, open the wall and determine what size it is, then buy the flushometer that meets your needs.

Old 04-27-04, 11:09 AM
wel
Visiting Guest
thanks, maybe that is the best way

Old 04-27-04, 11:41 AM
wel
Visiting Guest
damned, just opened my urinal flusher, water line size is 1-1/4". but the size of auto flusher i bought online is 3/4", how should i do now?
help!!

Old 04-27-04, 03:19 PM
wel
Visiting Guest
anybody can help me?how to install 3/4" urinal flusher on 1-1/4" water supply pipe? is there any kind of convertor or adaptor to change pipe size? i know nothing about plumbing. please help me get out. thanks

Old 04-27-04, 04:44 PM
One thing at a time.

Chances are you have a 1" stop not 1 1/4". There may be a line of 1 1/4" in the wall, but the size on the chrome stop valve on the right hand side of the valve is what you are worried about.
Turn this valve off and flush the urinal so no water runs.
Once you have the water off, take the unions apart on the immediate right hand side and the bottom of the valve. You can then remove the valve.
Take this entire assembly to the a fore mentioned plumbing supply house.

Tell the salesman at the plumbing supply house you want to put an autoflush head on this valve and hand him the valve.

There will be a retrofit kit for the valve. Ask numerous questions and you can even rebuild the valve while standing there. You will see it is not a big deal.

Have fun, more questions or problems; ask away and someone will answer them.

As for the wrong valve you now have, post it on ebay...someone will buy it.