Installing new Kitchen faucet


Old 05-04-04, 06:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Installing new Kitchen faucet

I'm in middle of installation. My new Kitchen Faucet is installed using compression fittings..... The instructions "HIGHLY" recommend that the cooper water tubing must "flare or bead" to avoid blow out conditions.... How and what tool do you use to flare or bead a cooper water pipe?

Suggestions welcome quickly... No water in kitchen...


Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-04, 03:56 AM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,952
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You need what is called a flaring tool, available at most any hardware store. They aren't expensive. Tubing for a faucet is usually 3/8". The tool comes with various sizes on it.
I really don't know why it is mandatory to flare those water supply fittings with a compression fitting, because the compression fittings come with a ferrule (brass compression ring) that basically does the same thing (grips, seals and prevents blowouts).
Personally, I would use stainless steel flex supply lines between the cut-off valves and the fittings on the faucet lines. They have brass nuts on each end and built-in rubber seals and you don't even need to use pipe compound or teflon tape.
In any case,
Good Luck!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: