Toilet leak when flushed

Old 05-16-00, 10:06 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I replaced all the mechanical fixtures in two of my toilets, to stop the leaks. One went fine, the other has decided to leak through one of the bolts when I flush. It is an American Standard, and I have put on two different cone gaskets between the tank and bowl. I suspect that the gasket is not seating correctly, but have no idea why.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-00, 10:15 AM
Visiting Guest
quote:
Originally posted by Mikeg95:
I replaced all the mechanical fixtures in two of my toilets, to stop the leaks. One went fine, the other has decided to leak through one of the bolts when I flush. It is an American Standard, and I have put on two different cone gaskets between the tank and bowl. I suspect that the gasket is not seating correctly, but have no idea why.

Mike

Hi Mike,

If the leak is through the bolt then it is at the bolt that the leak is taking place, try tightening it a little more, but be careful, if still leaks get a new tank to bowl bolt kit and install it.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

[This message has been edited by Plumber2000 (edited May 16, 2000).]

Old 05-16-00, 07:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

When all else fails, try a little silocone caulk on both sides of the gasket. Good Luck!

Old 05-16-00, 09:23 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:
Originally posted by OldGuy:
When all else fails, try a little silocone caulk on both sides of the gasket. Good Luck!

For a positive seal on the bolts in this order.

Bolt, rubber washer, tank, rubber washer, round metal washer, nut. do for both sides, then set the tank, with nut and washer.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing,com