Kitchen sink sprayer

Old 05-18-00, 07:12 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

My kitchen sink sprayer does not seem to work. I have already gone out and bought and installed a new one, but it still does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-18-00, 12:56 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by sjdour@aol.com:
My kitchen sink sprayer does not seem to work. I have already gone out and bought and installed a new one, but it still does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks<HR>

Sounds like it is the diveter located under the spout, you need to take spout off to get to this.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Old 05-19-00, 09:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Maybe to clarify a little further, The diverter located under and in the spout assembly senses when the pressure in the spray attachment drops (as when you press the spray button to open the valve). The diverter then shifts, diverting the flow to the spray attachment and away from the spout. When you release the button, pressure builds in the spray attachment again and the diverter shifts back to allow water to exit the spout. When the internal parts of this divice wear or get clogged with deposits, they stop working very well. A cleaning sometimes works but usually it's just as easy to replace it while you have it out - the replacements are generally pretty cheap.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: