WM over flowing the drain pipe

Old 05-10-04, 08:24 PM
larrie
Visiting Guest
WM over flowing the drain pipe

Well the drain system that serves my WM has suddenly started overflowing when the WM goes into drain mode. It was draining correclty up until last week then suddenly it was overflow time. The WM is operating correctly but the house drain system can no longer handle the flow from the WM.

I experimented by filling the stand pipe that accepts the WM drain hose and as long as I did not fill to fast the drain worked correctly.

The rest of the drain system serving the rest of the house is operating. We are on a city sewer system.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-04, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You need to use a drain cleaning machine to clean the drain line for the washing machine.

Sounds like it is isolated to the lateral serving that fixture only.

Old 05-17-04, 01:57 PM
bowhunterman
Visiting Guest
Angry Drain cleaning machine???

I have almost the same exact situation right now! Where would somebody find a drain cleaning machine and is this something that I could do or is it better to pay a plumber to do this? Is there any other solutions or causes of this problem? Thank is advance!

Old 05-17-04, 02:12 PM
I'm no plumber but I'd try using a snake. If finding a snake use was out, I'd proberbly try a drain cleaner.

Old 05-17-04, 05:32 PM
L
You really need a drain cleaning machine (power snake) to clean the line thoroughly. A hand snake simply doesn't have a cutter that will get the build up off of the walls pf the pipe.

Options are to rent a power snake or hire a drain cleaning company. Call around and see what the prices are where you live. Around here, I can call the drain cleaning company for a little less than I can rent the snake for.