Can't turn off shower faucet

Old 05-26-00, 08:12 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have an old Valley ball-type, sigle lever shower faucet. It turns on CCW and turning it adjusts the temperature. The max water temp. has slowly deteriated and I tried to fix it. I took off the handle and started to unscrew the cap. The shower turned on in the process and I tried to turn it off by putting the handle on and turning. Eventually, whatever I turn(handle/cap) the shower will now not turn off. Did I disassemble it wrong? How far in do I need to go to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-00, 09:12 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:
Originally posted by Stupid guy:
I have an old Valley ball-type, sigle lever shower faucet. It turns on CCW and turning it adjusts the temperature. The max water temp. has slowly deteriated and I tried to fix it. I took off the handle and started to unscrew the cap. The shower turned on in the process and I tried to turn it off by putting the handle on and turning. Eventually, whatever I turn(handle/cap) the shower will now not turn off. Did I disassemble it wrong? How far in do I need to go to fix it?

Before dissassembling any valve make sure you turn the water of to the source, in your case, the meter cause your working on a shower valve, then it's safe to take it apart, inside you will see rubber seat and springs replace these and things should work good after that.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com