Steam Shower

Old 05-29-00, 06:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

We are remodeling our bathroom - a MAJOR remodel and would like to install a steam shower. We know about tile all the up the walls and on the ceiling as well as glass doors sealing the whole stall but has anyone had experience building a steam shower that can advise to slope the ceiling or not. Also, is it really worth the expense? Is taking a steam shower REALLY as good as it sounds? Our plumber, whom we trust, said a steam unit is only a couple hundred dollars. Is this true? Any comments would be helpful!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-00, 04:37 PM
Visiting Guest
The folks over at plumbing will know better than I.

Ted

Old 05-31-00, 05:26 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:
Originally posted by JanKollar:
We are remodeling our bathroom - a MAJOR remodel and would like to install a steam shower. We know about tile all the up the walls and on the ceiling as well as glass doors sealing the whole stall but has anyone had experience building a steam shower that can advise to slope the ceiling or not. Also, is it really worth the expense? Is taking a steam shower REALLY as good as it sounds? Our plumber, whom we trust, said a steam unit is only a couple hundred dollars. Is this true? Any comments would be helpful!

I not to much into knowing about steam shower, but It sounds like a good thing. I my self have never installed a unit but before you open the checkbook, make sure you have all the figures down on paper, and have the plans laid out.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com