leaky toilet pipe?

Old 05-31-00, 04:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

There is water dripping through my ceiling from my upstairs toilet. The leak stops only when you shut off the water system to the whole house. Could this be a gasket or pipe problem? Do I need to cut out my ceiling to address this problem? Help me.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-00, 05:18 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]:
There is water dripping through my ceiling from my upstairs toilet. The leak stops only when you shut off the water system to the whole house. Could this be a gasket or pipe problem? Do I need to cut out my ceiling to address this problem? Help me.

You may have to open the ceiling up or the wall at toilet to find the leak, since there is now water in the ceiling I'd say go into the ceiling 1st.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Old 05-31-00, 10:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Since the leak seems to stop when you shut the water off, I would say that you have a leak in the water line that supplies the toilet. I would probably open up the wall behind the toilet first to see what is going on. But you will probably need to patch the sheetrock in the 1st floor ceiling as well, due to water damage.

Old 06-01-00, 08:47 AM
Visiting Guest
quote:
Originally posted by lefty:
Since the leak seems to stop when you shut the water off, I would say that you have a leak in the water line that supplies the toilet. I would probably open up the wall behind the toilet first to see what is going on. But you will probably need to patch the sheetrock in the 1st floor ceiling as well, due to water damage.

Why open the wall at the toilet 1st the leak may mot be there and that would be added work if the leak was not there, there could be more then one line in the ceiling.

Opening the ceiling where the water is at now and turning on the water on to house will tell if the wall at toilet will need opened up.

Don't you think?

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com