Low water pressure

Old 06-01-00, 08:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Sometimes when I flush my toilet, I lose water pressure at my sink. The only place I don't lose pressure is my cold water line which by passes my water softener. I have the same problem when I start my washing machine. This doesn't happen all the time. I was told it was my water softener, but I still have the problem when I by-pass the softener. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-00, 08:54 AM
Visiting Guest
quote:
Originally posted by raward:
Sometimes when I flush my toilet, I lose water pressure at my sink. The only place I don't lose pressure is my cold water line which by passes my water softener. I have the same problem when I start my washing machine. This doesn't happen all the time. I was told it was my water softener, but I still have the problem when I by-pass the softener. Any suggestions?

Do you know if you have a pressure reducing valve on the water service?

If so this could cause loss of pressure, the way to test this is get a pressure gauge and attach it to a hose bibb, turn the bibb on and look at pressure now turn on a faucet in the house and look at pressure gauge then turn 2nd faucet on if you see a major loss in pressure suspect a pressure reducing vavle.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com