noisy water

Old 06-05-00, 03:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

This may post 3 times - sorry. My dad was the worlds' best plumber for 35 years, but he must be working on God's pipes now. Can some help me in his stead? I have constant "flushing of water through my pipes from floor to floor - almost like it is on a rotation through the house. it does not seem to be coming from the toilets. It is so bad my sister won't visit. Iit spooks her! So, can you help out a plumbers kid and maybe someday someone will repay the favor to yours! Thanks!

Old 06-05-00, 05:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Does it seem to be in the water pipes, or in the drain pipes? If it's in the water pipes, You have a leak someplace. If it is in the drain pipes, something like a toilet must be draining constantly. Try shutting off the water to the toilets, one at a time, and see if you can get it to stop. Get back to us with a little more information and we will see if we can help. (God has many good plumber's working on his pipes now, my Dad included!)

Old 06-06-00, 05:55 AM
Visiting Guest
Arrow

I listened more carefully and it may be the toilets , but in the pipes , not the tanks. It goes from bath room to bath room, but not the kitchen sink. So try turning off at the water valve under the toilet? Then what? Thanks so much for helping. Maybe our dad's are getting a chuckle out of this!

Old 06-10-00, 06:35 PM
Visiting Guest
I had a thought when you said your Dad was a plumber for 35 years. I have been in water heating for 30 years myself. If your house is kind of spread out with long distances from the water heater to the sinks, maybe Dad put a recirculating pump on the hot water lines. This is usually done so that you don't have to wait a long time for hot water. It is done in hotels all the time. Just a thought!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: