Plumbing for new shower

Old 06-24-00, 03:54 PM
Visiting Guest
We're moving our shower from one side of our bathroom to the other. We've decide to put a pre-formed shower stall in because this is only a five year fix. My husband want's to put the plumbing and drain in before we receive the stall. I'm concerned he'll put the drain in and when we get the stall they won't match. We're getting a 36" stall. Can you tell us how he can determine where to place the drain and what the appropriate heights the shower head and the mixer for the water? Hope I'm using the right terms.

Old 06-24-00, 04:15 PM
Visiting Guest
The stall will have no holes in it for the shower valve and head -- you will put those in yourself, exactly where they need to be, when you install the stall. I would suggest that you have the stall on-hand so you can locate the head height properly. He could plumb in most of the drain before installing the stall, just by leaving the drain line longer than will be needed, and cutting it to fit when he installs the shower drain and trap.
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Corrothers:
We're moving our shower from one side of our bathroom to the other. We've decide to put a pre-formed shower stall in because this is only a five year fix. My husband want's to put the plumbing and drain in before we receive the stall. I'm concerned he'll put the drain in and when we get the stall they won't match. We're getting a 36" stall. Can you tell us how he can determine where to place the drain and what the appropriate heights the shower head and the mixer for the water? Hope I'm using the right terms. <HR>

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: