Leaky Valve


Old 06-25-00, 01:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I have a outside water shut off valve that is leaking. I have treaded galvanized pipes. How do you replace that valve. The streach of pipe it is in is only 6 inches long. Please help!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-00, 08:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a


Turn off the water supply, grab two pipe wrenches, remove the valve, take it to your local hardware store and replace it.

If you found that this valve is connected to a riser pipe <that 6 inch pipe you mentioned> and it appears rusty, replace it also.

There are valve rebuilding kits available to fix an outside water faucet, if your handy. This could save you some money.

Good Luck,
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: