Underground piping to shed.

Old 07-14-00, 12:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I connected a outdoor faucet near the shed in back yard, to 3/4" black black pipe, sold in 50' coils for lawn sprinkers and such. Now I am wondering if the plastic connectors and clamps will contain the water pressure without leaking. It occurred that it may not be suited for water pressure because there is no high pressure in sprinker systems. Am I headed for disappointment? I already buried the pipe. Or will these connectors hold tight?

Mark

Old 07-14-00, 01:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

You're right, you should not have used the black plastic line for water supply line. Will probably leak. Should use 3/4" pvc (white plastic) line w/glued connections. Good Luck!

Old 07-14-00, 07:02 PM
Visiting Guest
The only itty bitty detail that I could add to what the Old Guy said is to use the GOOD PVC -- Schedule 40, not the thin wall stuff (class 125 or whatever). Costs 50% more ($2.00 per length as opposed to $1.30), but hey -- you're worth it!!
quote:<HR>Originally posted by OldGuy:
You're right, you should not have used the black plastic line for water supply line. Will probably leak. Should use 3/4" pvc (white plastic) line w/glued connections. Good Luck!<HR>

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: