size of water line

Old 07-28-00, 08:48 AM
Visiting Guest
Hope you can help! I am going to put in a PVC water line from the Public road to my house which is about a quarter of a mile away. The tap on the main water line is a 1" tap. Due to the distance of the line I was thinking of running a 2" PVC line to the house, but do not know if this is over kill. I'm trying to reduce the pressure drop to as little as possible and was wondering if a 2" line would be better than an 1" or an 1.5" line. Is the results worth the added cost? thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-00, 09:18 PM
Visiting Guest
This will depend on number of fixtures, is the service running flat? uphill? downhill?

What is the working pressure at the meter.

There is a formula to follow in the code, and this may vary fron state to start. With out knowing this info is hard to say so, 2" could be ok but you may have to go to 2-1/2" even.

Like I say this will depend on fixtures it will serve and and pressure at the meter + elevations.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Old 07-29-00, 12:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Call your public water service office and ask them. They should send someone out to help you by looking at your specific situation, and can advise you from there. Good Luck!