How to clear paint-clogged drain

Old 07-06-04, 05:33 PM
taxovich
Visiting Guest
How to clear paint-clogged drain

My wife and I just purchased an older house. Everything seemed to drain properly at first, but after a couple of days, the bathtub began draining very slowly, and the kitchen sink wouldn't drain unless the tub drain was open. I called a rooter service, and the service guy pulled a load of paint out of the drain. Again, everything drained fine for a couple of days, but now nothing seems to drain very fast. Is there anything I can do to clean the paint out of the drains, other than calling the rooter again? We aren't living there right now, so I have considered pouring a cleaner (trisodium phosphate, or something similar) down the drain and leaving it for a few days, but I don't want to damage the pipes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-04, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It sounds possibly that the drain cleaner did not properly clean the drain enough.

I would have them come back out, at no charge and clear the drain again.

The rule of thumb is within 30 days indicates improper drain cleaning, short of a pipe that is either broken or misaligned.

Mere wastematter that is resurfacing from weeks/months prior would indicate a non-thorough cleaning.