Palmer valve


Old 09-05-00, 04:50 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Could someone explain how I would check if my palmer valve is working properly and how I would go about replacing this valve if it is stuck shut. I think this is the correct name for the valve that is between the drain tile and the floor drain in the basement. I can see this valve when I look down into my floor drain.

Thanks, Mark.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-00, 12:00 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Palmer vavle does not ring a bell for me, can you tell me what it look likes?

Best Regards Plumber2000
Old 03-06-09, 01:17 PM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: usa
Posts: 7
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Palmer valves were installed in houses built between 1920 and 1950. A palmer valve is a check valve for drain tile which drains into the floor drain that has no sump pump. You shine a flashlight down the floor drain and can see it. It is like a little round door over the end of the drain tile coming into the trap. This should be able to open freely.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: