Hot water slow to get to bathroom

Old 10-04-00, 11:08 AM
Visiting Guest
Our bathroom is furthest away from the water heater, so we flush a lot of water down the drain waiting for hot water. I saw a unit advertised on the news that installs under the basin and instantly brings up the hot water when you turn it on. I would prefer this to installing the recirculating pipes, for cost reasons. What is this item, how much is it and where can I buy it in Los Angeles? Thanks.

Old 10-06-00, 06:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Check in the Yellow Pages for Plumbing Supply stores, and call around for a source. There are several types/costs of these "instant" water heaters, and all will require an electrical outlet under the sink (additional expense, not to mention the new unit and plumbing).
One "water-saver" method of handling the long hot water run is to flip the drain lever closed in the tub and run the cooled "hot" water into the tub until it IS hot, and use this clean water in the tub for the next bath. Another way to help with the problem is to insulate all of the hot water lines in your crawlspace or basement (which is what I did for the same problem, and it helped some). Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: