Under Kit. Sink Water Shut Off Valves Won't Turn

Old 10-09-00, 08:57 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

In an effort to fix another problem under the kitchen sink...I turned off the hot/cold water. Hot water turned off without incident. Water valve leading from sink to dishwasher broke off in my hand with very little pressure. Cold water valve turned off but when I attempted to turn it back on, water came squirting out from around the fitting. Now, I have hot water but no cold water and a broken valve. Is it time to call a plumber? How involved is this work? Home is around 20 years old.

Old 10-09-00, 08:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
How does this shut off valve attach to the pipe stubed out of the wall? Does it connect to copper or to a threaded nipple?

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Old 10-17-00, 05:11 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Plumber2000:
How does this shut off valve attach to the pipe stubed out of the wall? Does it connect to copper or to a threaded nipple?

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com
<HR>

Threaded nipple. Three handles come out of pipe...hot/cold and the third to the D/W. It's this last one that I broke off.

Old 10-17-00, 06:22 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You will need to replace this shut off, I'd have to say call for help, if pipes are breaking off in your hands, don't risk more work then you can deal with, get some help.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: