Big Sewer line problem....

Old 09-26-04, 08:17 PM
dcmav
Visiting Guest
Angry Big Sewer line problem....

I recently had a company come clean my sewer line out but when they did they broke their auger off in my main line. I am sure there are tree roots of some type in my line since I have old clay tile lines in the ground. I thought that sewer line clean out companies (plumbing companies etc) would have a blade that would cut any size root no matter the size. I have lived here two years and never had this problem before. The worker ran the line out about 50 ft and it slowed up so there was obviously some problem like tree roots. Since I have a large tree in my yard. The worker then went out a little farther then started to pull it back...as he did the torque from the machine and him pulling on it broke the line. He said it was my fault or my lines fault and didnt agree. I dont think it would have broke if he wasnt pulling so hard. I have had a lot of companies look and they said that he should have run a single auger blade first not a double then it would have got caught up. I believe that i have a 4 inch line going into a 6 inch and that is where he got it caught once it got past that he couldnt pull it back and that is where i believe he broke it. Bottom line my line is still clogged and they want me to pay for everything and dont want to meet me half way for the repair. They say the only way to fix it is to dig it up for thousands of dollars. Which maybe and I wil happily pay for the part that isnt messed up because i will have it all replaced not just part of it. But the company isnt willling to even do that. I am trying to find someone to do it and then I may go to court over it....am I justified? please advise on my whole situation

Old 09-27-04, 06:35 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Any company that works on my property is Bonded and Insured or I don't hire them.If they break one of their tools it is not your fault and you should not have to pay for it.You'll probably end up in court. I would not be letting that company do any more work for me. Anything of yours that he breaks is also his responsibility.Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: