low hot water pressure

Old 11-11-00, 01:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I just moved into a 3 yr old home with city water and copper pipes. Cold water pressure is fine, problem is with hot water pressure.

help

Old 11-11-00, 10:06 PM
Visiting Guest
Assuming that the hot water pressure is low throughout the house (not just at one or two faucets), then the problem is at the hot water heater. First, check to see that the shut-off valve (probably a gate valve) above the water heater (on the cold supply side) is fully open. Next thing to check would be the hot and cold nipples and supply lines at the top of the heater -- make sure nothing is clogged or restricted. If you still have the problem, repost, and one of us will take you deeper into the system.
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Dave Fraize:
I just moved into a 3 yr old home with city water and copper pipes. Cold water pressure is fine, problem is with hot water pressure.

help
<HR>

Old 11-12-00, 07:57 AM
Visiting Guest
The two nipples at the top of the tank are screwed into copper pipes then soldered, I would have to cut and resolder the pipes. I rather not do that yet. The pressure at the valve on the bottom of the hot water tank has better pressure than the first tap inline. low pressure throughout the house on hotwater only.

Old 11-12-00, 02:56 PM
Visiting Guest
The pipes into the top of the water tank are screwed and soldered, i would have to cut and resolder pipes. I would rather not do that yet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: