Pipes bang and moan in wall

Old 11-10-00, 06:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

In the last month our shower has begun to moan and bang in the wall. It is quite loud. It only happens after running for several minutes and only happens in the shower pipe (not with the bath faucet). I suspect maybe there is a pipe loose from it's mount, but from readings I might also need some type of fixture to absorb pressure changes. Any ideas?

Old 11-10-00, 10:10 PM
Visiting Guest
My first question is how do you divert the water from the tub spout to the shower valve? Is there a knob on your tub spout that you lift to do this, or are there 3 knobs (hot, cold, and the center diverter valve) on your wall?

The problem you are describing could be a problem with the shower head, a loose pipe in the wall, or a bad diverter valve. Clean out the shower head. If the problem persists, repost with more info about exactly what set-up you have and we will go from there.

Old 11-12-00, 04:46 PM
Visiting Guest
I suspected the shower head as well. The diversion is by a pull up stopper on the bath faucet. Plus, something I forgot to mention was that I use a shower head attached to a hose. I took apart the hose and found the "water saver" restricter as well as pressure regulation. I popped that out and I am running it for a while to see what happens. I've already figured I am looking at a new shower wand (time for an upgrade anyway).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: